tvr

dark humor

To: tvr@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: dark humor
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@umdnj.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 12:23:44 -0500
Dear all:

I spoke to a non-internet connected colleague of mine who also owns a '71
2500 ("TVRDetroit" will know him as "Chunky") concerning fuel cells and
fire safety in the TVR.  He's young and foolish but he did make one valid
point: while a fuel cell is a fine idea one shouldn't drive a TVR if they
are deeply worried about having accidents.  He couldn't decide which is
worse in these cars, a rear end collision with fire or a 't-bone' accident,
with all of two thin layers of fibre glass between your internal organs and
the other guy's bumper.  These cars offer virtually no protection,
regardless of the nature of an accident.  Still and all, a fuel cell is a
good idea.

cheers (?),
Will Zehring

p.s. some free advert space here: my associate, Chunky, is interested in
selling his TVR (he has young and foolish notions that he wants a Maserati
3500GT).  It is a 1971 2500 Vixen (vin 1971T) into which he has recently
put the proper Ford V6 (Essex) to make it a virtual Tuscan, and a rather
quick one at that.  The car is located in suburban Detroit.  He doesn't
have internet connection but can be reached at 248-656-2732.  His real name
is "Brian," tho he does answer to Chunky if you're a good friend or are
giving out halfway decent cigars.