tvr

tires/shocks question

To: tvr@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: tires/shocks question
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@umdnj.edu>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 10:07:57 -0500
Dear all:

Does anyone have some advice to offer regarding a brand of tires for my
2500?  I'm sticking with the factory aluminum wheels (as soon as I can get
them repainted), so its a 5.5 X 15 size.  The car came with 165 SR 15 tires
(that had nice tread depth but lousy sidewalls).  I've only done some
preliminary shopping; one fellow says that's a hard size to match nowadays,
but has some "kelly springfields" for sale.  I have to admit that I haven't
developed much knowledge on tires and can use advice.  Has anyone done
comparison studies on this car and identified a good match?

On a related note: the car has Koni's now but I've been told that it really
would do better with adjustable spax.  Comments on that one??

many thanks and have a good weekend!
Will Zehring