tvr

RE: Vixen A frames

To: "'tvr@autox.team.net'" <tvr@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Vixen A frames
From: "Hill, Stephen M EST:EX" <Stephen.Hill@gems7.gov.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 09:19:05 -0800
I can't answer Rolf's question now, but in a couple of months should be
able to. (In the meantime, is it not possible by inspection/measurement
to determine if the A-arms are symmetrical??)
The A-frames on my 1972 were in rough shape - the car had been jacked up
by the A-frames, and then somebody had cut and sleeved the worst of the
lot, resulting in a bent and weak looking mess.
Fortunately/unfortunately, I ran into a fellow who was parting out a
1972, and got another complete set of A-frames. These I hope to install
soon. Something else to look for when working in this area is  the
A-frames have a habit of moving on the bushes and grind into the tabs
welded on the frame, substantially weakening them. It is not unusual to
have to build up the tabs.