tvr

Mobelec electronic ignition??

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, tvr@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Mobelec electronic ignition??
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 11:27:38 EST
Listers,

I bought my second TVR yesterday.  A Vixen 2500.  A one owner car!  The car
has been sitting since the mid eighties, and needs quite  a bit of attention.
It will be some time before this thing starts looking good!

I got some extra parts with the car.  Brand new, in the box, Mobelec
electronic ignition.  Seems like the guy bought the wrong model and never
returned it.  The 2500 has the TR6 engine, but the system in the box is for a
four cylinder engine.

Does anyone have any experience with this particular brand?  I was thinking
about trying it out in one of my other cars, but I would like to hear some
comments first.

Thanks.

Rich Rock
64 TR4