tvr

2500 may be for sale

To: tvr@autox.team.net
Subject: 2500 may be for sale
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@umdnj.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 09:05:30 -0400
Dear all;

I realize this is sort of like preaching to the choir, but I thought I'd
send out a note that I have located a TVR 2500 that appears to be for sale.
 Its a rough but pretty complete car that has been languishing at a repair
shop in Doylestown, PA.  The owners had some brake work done, paid for that
work, but never picked up the car.  I understand that they want to sell it,
but have actually done nothing specifically to get that taken care of.
Consequently, the car has sat out in the elements for 2 years (!) by the
side of the repair garage (a foreign car garage).  I mention this just in
case someone on the list knows someone, etc. etc... who is lusting after a
2500, and then perhaps this car can be rescued and returned to the road.  I
saw the thing last saturday.  Its a rough car.  Yellow with black, and the
sunroof is in sad shape.  Interior isn't bad, but it isn't good either.
Paint badly damaged from sun/weather.  Turbin-style wheels.  Appears to
have Smiths gauges (does that make it a late 2500?  My 71 has "AC" gauges).
 While it may be driveable, strictly speaking, after some renovations, I
suggest that its best viewed as a project car.  The rub here is that I've
heard the owners are asking in the 5500$ range.  Seems steep to me.  My
friend and I agreed that it looked like a good 3500$ car.  I haven't
actually spoken to either the repair shop owners or to the car owners, but
friends of friends assure me that what I report here is basically accurate.
 If anyone wants final details on this car I can probably at least provide
you with a phone number to call.  If you are interested, post back to me
and I'll see what I can do.

Consider this poor car!  Neglected!  Abandoned!  It deserves a good home!

later,
Will Zehring
'71 2500