tvr

Re: Vixen Batteries

To: tvr@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vixen Batteries
From: BobTescione <mogman@rpa.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 16:50:55 -0400
I did some more research this weekend, taking the battery bracket assembly that
bolts to the front side of the passenger footwell to several battery suppliers.
One
said "No problem, a Honda Civic battery will fit" . I verified that at the local
Sears store where I actually tried a Group 51 battery. Perfect on the long
dimension and actually small on the short dimension. Height doesnt look to be a
problem. Die Hard version has about 490 cold cranking amps. Looks like I will go
with that one. That size is also available with reversed terminals. Seeing that
will be making up new battery leads, it doesn't seem to make a difference which
side the positive and negative terminals are located as it seems to on some
modern
cars.

Looking over the "before" pictures I took back in 1986, the ground lead for the
battery was actually connected to one of the manifold studs on the engine. I
believe i'll be relocating that to the chassis.

Best to all.
Bob Tescione
mogman@rpa.net