tvr

Electrical Questions

To: tvr@autox.team.net
Subject: Electrical Questions
From: "Beuttenmuller, Rolf" <rolf@bnl.gov>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 11:56:44 -0400
Since I have had my TVR Vixen S2 for 30 years and am about to finish it's
last restoration I am doing something extreme regarding the wiring.

I have had trouble with the crap wiring from the beginning. My suspicion has
always been that the factory sent some helper out to the local wire
manufacturer and grab all of the scraps out of the junk bin. All of these
scraps were then spliced together randomly to create "THE HARNESS".

When I took the car apart for my current restoration I sliced all off the
harnesses at the firewall so that it would be impossible for me to use them
again. I then ordered a complete new system from American Autowire it
includes a real fuse panel with about 14 circuits and a couple of relays.
The schematics are excellent and each circuit is individually packaged with
detailed instructions.

I know this isn't pure but it sure will be reliable. The fuse panel is in a
discrete place and can't be seen.

My car has also been under water, about half way up the dash so I no longer
trusted any of it.

Rolf 1970 Vixen S2

///
///  tvr@autox.team.net mailing list