tvr

Rollbars for Vixens, M's

To: tvr@autox.team.net, TVR_Pre1980@yahoogroups.com, usa-tvr@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Rollbars for Vixens, M's
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 17:52:26 EST
Greetings,

Just checking to see if anyone is interested in a rollbar for their car.  I'm
going to be making some very soon.  One for my Vixen, one for my 2500M, and
two or three for friends who have Vixens and M's.

To comply with (and exceed minimum spec) SCCA rules, I'll be using DOM
tubing   1-3/4" diameter, .095" wall thickness.  Mounting plates will be
either 3/16" or 1/4" thick.  As a pattern for the shape and dimensions of the
main hoop, I'll be using the nicely shaped bar that I have removed from my
round-tube-chassis Vixen.

The main hoop spans the passenger compartment and will have foot plates
welded to it.  Installation will require drilling holes in the footplate,
through the floor and the original body mount plates on your car, then
bolting it in place.

Price should be no more than $150.  I'll give it a quick spray paint for
protection, but it will be nothing special.

If you want it powdercoated, I may be able to get that done for you, but it
will be at your expense.

If UPS will accept it, I'll use them for shipping.  Or you can pick it up in
either Pottstown, PA or Pittsburgh, PA.  If you're planning on being at
Import Carlisle in May, or The Roadster Factory Summer Party in August, I can
deliver there.

If you would prefer to see what the thing looks like before you decide, I can
email pictures, no problem.  If you are interested in something maybe not
exactly like the bar I have described, let me know.  I'll try to work with
you.

Sorry if this "advertisement" offends anyone.  I don't believe this is
something TVR owners can find easily, though, so I thought it was worth
mentioning.

Rich Rock
Pottstown, PA

///