Vintage Racing

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Vintage Racing
From: Dr G W Owen <ensgwo@bath.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 1995 10:51:50 +0000 (GMT)
This is my first time of contacting the list so do stick with me.

Here in England, Vintage Racing refers to pre 1930 and to some extent pre
'39 racing. Im reasonably heavily involved and Im  in the process of
building a new car.

It is basically a 1928 Riley 9hp chassis with a 6.5 litre deHaviland
Gypsy II engine. The reason for contacting the list is to see if anyone
knows the whereabouts of any engine parts. In particular I am after an
oil pump drive gear for the engine and as far as I can tell there are no
in the UK!!! (A whole engine would be enev better). Any ideas? Are there any
similar mailing lists for bi-planes where I could try?

Any advice welcome

Dr Geraint Owen    ensgwo@bath.ac.uk

P.S. It will be running on 4" wide tyres (or should I say Tires!)