1996 Intermountain Vintage Racing schedule

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: 1996 Intermountain Vintage Racing schedule
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 1995 02:46:07 -0700
For those of you who may be wandering through the Salt Lake City area during
summer of '96, you may want to note some of these dates.  Intermountain Vintage
Racing is working on the 1996 calendar, and at the moment it looks like:

May 4      Test & Tune (at local paved oval?)
May 5      SCCA autocross at same paved oval?
May 18/19  Driver's school

June 8/9   Hillclimb, Snow Basin (mountains outside of Ogden, Utah)

Sep 21/22  Hillclimb, Bear Hollow (mountains outside of Park City, Utah)

Oct 13     Rally, somewhere through the fall foliage.

I'm certainly going to be working on having a Triumph of one description
or another at the hill climbs.

If there were a real racetrack closer than 500 miles, we might actually
put on a real race!  There is some talk of doing a street race, like the
old RMVR event at Avon, Colorado, or making a temporary course out at
Wendover's old air force base.  But within a year or two there will be
a road course started somewhere near here, and the Wasatch Front will
see wheel to wheel sports car racing return!

mjb.