Re: Palm Springs Report

To: smith@test00.mdc.com
Subject: Re: Palm Springs Report
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 10:39:40 -0500
Mark;

Been out of town this week and just read your reply.  Appreciated your
comments.  I hope I didn't come across as too negative, as I had a WONDERFUL
weekend at the event.  My comments were meant as constructive criticism, I
hope I didn't sound like I was complaining.  ALL of the drivers I talked to
PREFERRED the new track!  I just miss the "glitz" and "ameneties" that were
associated with having it at the hotel.  I DON'T MISS the exhorbitant cost
that the hotel used to charge!!!

I am also seriously remiss in not mentioning the EXCELLENT CORNER WORKERS!!
 Your call on seeing the coolant spraying out of the Lambo prior to me seeing
it on the gauge is just one example of the quality of workers at the event.
 I've always found the workers at VARA events to be EXTREMELY PROFESSIONAL on
the track and GREAT PARTIERS afterwards!!  And thanks for your efforts.  We
can't drive unless there are people like yourself who are willing to stand
out there all day!!

I'm also pleased to see that VARA stuck to their guns and disciplined
drivers.  We need that if vintage racing is to remain fun for everyone.

Regards,
Myles