Re: What is vintage racing

To: "INTERNET:Tjackson82@aol.com" <Tjackson82@aol.com>
Subject: Re: What is vintage racing
From: Jeremy Braithwaite <100240.2425@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 06:27:52 -0500
Terry

In Australia we follow the english on the use of the word "Vintage".  It
follows the "Veteran" period and I believe runs from 1911 - 1930.

The general term we use for  racing old cars is "Historic".  Thus our
Historic races include both pre-war and post-war cars.  (WW11 that is ..
not Korean/Vietnam/etc).

Our historic rules currently cut off at 1977 but in a years time - if the
current Discussion Document is accepted - we will run to pre-83 FF1600 and
to pre-85 Formula Atlantic and other wings and slicks classes.  We still
exclude FV.

I think most of us online tend to use the american term 'Vintage" on the
basis that most of the audience will not understand what we are talking
about if we use 'Historic".  It's still a shame to see an exact definition
being lost in this way.

regards

Jeremy
Age & Treachery Racing Australia
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/atroz

Jaguar D-Type replica Historic Group Q - currently for sale
Lotus 61MX
Bowin P6F
Reynard FF83
Holdem Maloo Ute