Healey 100-4

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Healey 100-4
From: DSRGR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 08:10:46 -0500 (EST)
My neighbor recently brought home a 50's Healey 100-4 that he has owned for
30 + years but had been storing at his sons.  Its in great original shape but
for two problems.  Rust in the gas tank and the brakes (4 wheel drum) lock
when you push on the pedal requiring opening a valve to release the pressure.
I advised him that the tank probably needed to be cut open, cleaned and re
welded.  The brakes should just be completely gone through with all new
parts. I'm not a Healey nut so if anyone has better ideas please post and I
will pass them along.

I also am aware of a bug eye in the local area (Las Vegas) that has a long
racing history but has been sitting for about 10 years.  Comes with 3 engines
and some spares (?????) The package would run about $6000.  Anyone interested
???

Gene Rolfe, 65 Ocelot, D Sports Racer