Re: Old Indy Cars

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Old Indy Cars
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 10:33:24 PST
There is definitely a club for the old dirt-track Sprint cars which is
where some of those Indy cars (and drivers) got their start.  I can't
remember the name offhand.  I also think they get some former Indy cars
showing up at their asphalt events.  Some of these cars would be real
tough to drive on a road course, tho.

>Whatever happened to all those magnificent front engined Offenhauser
>engined Indy 500 cars.  Never see any of them or heard of them racing
>anywhere.  Did they all get destroyed or end up in museums or perhaps
>they were impossible to convert from alcohol.

You can get alcohol.