Re: Stock cars?

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Stock cars?
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 10:25:11 PST
I agree with Jack Drews on this one.  At a spectator event, it is
entirely up to the organizer how he makes money.  For "private" club
events, the club's rules should apply.  Each club makes up its own
rules, and should stick by them.  That's what the rest of the members
expect.  Major changes to the rules should be approved by the members.

CSRG seems to do fairly well with a pretty strict cutoff of 1967 for
production cars and 1972 for formula cars.  The appearance of NASCAR
machinery at one of their events would be by invitation only, as a way
to put in some variety.  I do not see a trend forming.  When CSRG
announces a theme for some event, it is to entice more entrants, not
spectators.  That's a key distinction, IMO.

There's a 1950's Cadillac that dukes it out with a Hudson Hornet at
vintage events locally.  Both are former street cars done up in the
style of the real race cars, I believe.  They have tons (literally)
of fun.