Re: magnesium wheels

To: John D`Agostino <johnd@eng.insol.com>
Subject: Re: magnesium wheels
From: hayes@mediaone.net
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 22:49:25 -0500
John D`Agostino wrote:

> I received a lot of replies for the mag wheels and I've made some calls
> to try and find out what value they have. In the next week or so I should
> have a price and I will email everyone who asked about them.
>
> Thanks
>
> John

I believe I have said this on this list as well as others. Old mag
wheels are nice for display, but very dangerous to race with!

THere are numerous reasons given me by a friend who is a metallurgist,
now a consultant, previously with GE doing accident investigations on
military jet engines.They do not handle stress well after all those
years, even if unused.
--
Jim Hayes  Winchester, MA, USA
hayes@mediaone.net         http://www.fotec.com/jim.htm