West Coast Survey...

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: West Coast Survey...
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 18:58:16 -0500 (EST)
I've put myself in the dubious position of supporting two vintage
organizations next year, as Chief D.O. for CSRG, and serving as a volunteer
on the Steering Committee for SCCA Vintage (San Franciso Region).  Both are
credible vintage racing organizations with differing philosophies (both of
which I support to various extents...)

Anyway, after last evening's SCCA meeting, we decided to survey a sample of
vintage racers as to their possible preferences with regard to what events
they might attend next season.  All 3 of SCCA's potential dates are a week
off of CSRG dates.  We're curious as to who would go to which events, or to
both.  The tenative dates are shown below.   I would appreciate an email from
any of you indicating which event or events you think you would be likely to
attend.

FYI, CSRG has a strong member following, and strict car acceptance rules,
with a 1967 production cut-off (some exceptions given for carry-over cars,
e.g. Alfa GTV). CSRG is planning 5 events in 1998. SCCA is planning 3 events
in 1998 and will accept cars 25 years and older (1972 cut-off), with
exceptions for other "special interest" cars (for example, Ferrari 348
Challenge car, ex-NASCAR, or other "exhibition" class cars).  CSRG conducts
roving techs.  SCCA will conduct an annual tech at the tenative Sears event,
good for all other SCCA events next year, is considering an associated
"social" event (dinner or BBQ), and will STRICTLY enforce the 13/13 rule (as
I am also serving as the Driver Observer for SCCA, as well).  Event entry
fees are unknown at this point, but are generally comparable.  I believe both
groups will accept other recognized vintage organization licenses.

So, please let me know which events you would consider attending.

March 21/22 - SCCA Sears Point
March 27/29 - CSRG Sears Point
April 18/19 - CSRG Thunderhill
June 13/14 - CSRG Sears Point
June 20/21 - SCCA Thunderhill
September 12/13 - CSRG Sears Point
October 10/11 - SCCA Laguna Seca
October 17/18 - CSRG Thunderhill

Regards,
Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus (resting for the winter) Cortina Mk1 #128