Re: RE Breaking in a race engine

To: malcox@napanet.net
Subject: Re: RE Breaking in a race engine
From: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 18:51:23 EDT

<<
 How do you break in your race motor following a freshening?
 I get a different recomendation every time I ask, so now its time for
 100 more recomendations!.
 Malcolm, Napa

Malcolm,

It depends alot on what you did on the freshening.  Did you replace the cam
and lifters?  If so you will want to run it for 30 minutes at about 2000 RPMs
to break in the cam.  If the rings are new you may want to drive it at varying
speed for about a hundred miles to set the rings.  What exactly did you do.
(But don't give away your secrets).

Regards,

Rod