Re: Big V8s in Little Sports Cars

To: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Subject: Re: Big V8s in Little Sports Cars
From: Ross Fosbender <rossf@interaccess.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 21:05:40 -0700
Brian Evans wrote:

> I love to see things as they were, too.  But should we encourage the
> creation of a new V8 engined MG-TD?  Or should we insist that it had to be
> that way in the period?  I tend towards it has to have the history to run as
> a modified car to that extent.  (same goes for recreations of Sebring
> Sprites, BTW).

        Sorry, I was there and I still don't get all choked up about "racing
history".  I recall an Alfa builder in one of the hard-nosed groups
doing his best to get me to swear that his car was one I drove in the
dark ages (it wasn't and we both knew it) so it would have some
"history".
        Brings to mind the famous line about the Mk. 8F- of the eleven built,
23 still exist!
        Attitude, not hardware, is the key in V/H.    RossFos