Re: Watkins Glenn

To: DOGEDOC@aol.com
Subject: Re: Watkins Glenn
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 15:08:34 -0400
On 17 Sep 98, at 11:21, DOGEDOC@aol.com wrote:

> MG vintage racer even insisted I accompany him on the go around of the
> re-enactement of the course when it was run on the city streets. I obliged
> his request and the weekend went decidedly in the proper direction.

Hey, great. I'm glad you came reglardless or your greif. It was good meeting
you, and
some of the other MMM'ers on this list. My PA just made it to the Glen, as it
hit the road on
Friday noon for the first time in about 2 years. I couldn't find a replacement
steering sector
shaft, so went to a friends shop and re-fabricated the worn splines on the
existing one, for
now. Next mission will be to procure new sidelaced wheels, as the existing ones
are fairly
knackered.

Hope plans are starting to come together for reviving the TC. Have you ever
read "The
Red Car", by Don Stanford? If not, now is the time. It includes, amongst other
bits, the
theme of revival of a very bent TC, as well as the organization of a  "Round
the Town" road
race just after WWII. It just somehow fits...

If you can't find a copy, let me know. My last spare copies went West to
California and
Australia, but something can be arranged!

Roger