Max Balchowski

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Max Balchowski
From: Clark Smith <clark@dnf.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 18:49:51 -0800
Hi All,

Today  I received a pre-release issue of Vintage Racecar (issue #2).  In
it, Editor, Casey Annis wrote a nice editorial about the preservation of
racing history and, more specifically, my interest in preserving period
racing film.  He mentions that two legends have died recently (Fred Wacker,
Skip Hudson), so the importance grows with each day.

Then I get a call from a friend who informs me that Max Balchowski died.
I've met  Mr. Balchowski on several occaisions and considered him one of my
most important candidates for an interview.

I am truly crushed.  He was a generous, friendly, innovative, articulate man.

Clark

P.S. The magazine is wonderful.  Look forward to it.

"Hay Bales and Asphalt"
a video featuring vintage footage
of motor racing from 1957 to 1961.
Images and description at
http://www.dnf.com

My 1953 Devin-Porsche Restoration project
http://www.dnf.com/devin-porsche.html