Re: Castrol R

To: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Subject: Re: Castrol R
From: ferguss@philly.infi.net
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 13:45:03 -0500
Jim Hill wrote:

> According to Susan Howell, Castrol USA's Webmaster, Castrol R (20, 30 &
> 40 wt) is no longer available from Castrol US ("Castrol R is a racing
> oil which has been discontinued for sale in the U.S and is no longer
> available.  However, it can be purchased through the U.K.").
>
> Other sources confirm that it can be purchased from Castrol Vintage Oils
> in the UK, but the shipping expense is about equivalent to the price of
> the oil.
>
> Does anyone know of an alternative (read "cheaper") source?
>
> Jim Hill
> SpyderWeb Vintage Racing
> Madison WI

I recently brought six cans of Castrol R back to the States from Bermuda
as "carry-on luggage."  Customs and the airline people gave me some
grief about transporting  "flamable substances."  I can't remember which
garage I bought it from, but it was cheap.  From the smell, it appears
lots of the motor bikes on the island are using it.  If you can find
someone to ship it from Bermuda, it might be a lot cheaper than shipping
from the UK.

Jeremy Fergusson

'66 Lotus 7 Series II