Re: snake oils

To: Gerald Brazil <gerrybraz@voyager.net>
Subject: Re: snake oils
From: geodav-lou@worldnet.att.net
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 07:04:19 -0500
Why do you use that process for adding rather than just dump it in and
why not use a whole can? Doesn't Mr. Molly have a different products for
transmissions and rear ends?
A motorcycle mechanic told me that using moly in a wet clutch would
eventually cause the plates to slip. I recall hearing that it can cause
some problems in a transmission by making the surfaces too slippery, but
don't recall what the specific problem was.
Another interesting tidbit from the mc mechanic  was that mc engines
that had used Pennsylvania based motor oils were much cleaner than other
oils because of Pa. oils were paraffin based rather that asphalt based.

--
George Davidson