Re: desktop thrills!

To: Walt Boeninger <Walt@chekov.mayfield.hp.com>
Subject: Re: desktop thrills!
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 08:08:40 -0600 (CST)
On Mon, 4 Jan 1999, Walt Boeninger wrote:

        The hot news is there's a game in the pipeline entitiled TRANS AM.
        I read an article about it last spring. It was supposed to be
        released last October, but was pushed back to March 1999. The rides
        are Mustangs, Camaros, Javelins, etc. (of the late 60's and 70s)
        and is set on the "proper" period road courses... If you do a
        search on the "net" there may be some more current info on it.

        For me, I would love it if they made racing game of some of the
        older historic road races... Like the Mille Miglia, Targa Florio,
        or La Carrera Pan America, Set back in time with cars of the
        period. Could you just imagine racing a blown Alfa, Bentley or
        Bugatti with the likes of Nuvolari, Ascari and Dreyfus back in
        the 30's? How about or rubbing fenders with Fangio, or Moss
        in a C type Jag, Ferrari or Mercedes in the 50's?

> [from "Paul Schooley"]
> >Indeed...I have GT for the playstation...probably the best non-puter game on
> >the market. Rumour has it a new version is in the pipeline also. My only
>              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Hmmm.  Wonder if this has anything to do with the Cobra/GT40/Daytona Coupe,
> Trans Am Boss 302 I'm driving for Sony this weekend at Sears Point...8-)8-)
> Oh, and a couple of plain old Shelbys: GT500KR and GT350H
>
> ...so they can record the sights and sounds at speed......for the
> next Playstation game....
>
> -------
> Regards
>
> Walt Boeninger - Nor Cal SAAC         67 GT500     | 67 Shelby T-A #31
> http://www.norcal-saac.org            71 Boss 351  | 97 5.0 Explorer
> Email: walt@hpwrcxe.mayfield.hp.com     <space>    | 86 Mustang GT
> FOR SALE: 68 Corvette Roadster.

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois