Re: question on Mallock Clubmans

To: Gavin Ivory <G_Ivory@beutel-can.com>
Subject: Re: question on Mallock Clubmans
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 08:02:07 -0500
Gavin, remember the VARAC date cut-off - December 31, 1972 for purpose built
race cars.  Production cars can get away with pushing the date cut-off on
the grounds that the car may be identical with an eligable car, but race
cars must comply.

That said, I understand that the mallock is a great car.  You would probably
have to run FFord type tires, with tread, but otherwise would run in the
Historic Sports Racer class, with my Merlyn, for example.  I seem to be the
Class Rep for eligability for this group this year, let me know if I can be
of any assistance.

FYI, Ollie Clubine (Britain West, Brantford) has, or used to have, a Mallock
in his garage.  It may be sold, but it's been there for years and might be
available.  Bob Tarzwell ( ex-VARAC member, Smith Falls, Ont) also had a
Mallock of appropriate vintage, as a full restoration project, that might
also be available.  His was apparantly eligable as a FFord if run without
fenders and with the appropriate motor.

Cheers, Brian