Re: Help from VARACV

To: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Subject: Re: Help from VARACV
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 08:19:34 -0800
Actually, it looks like Jim Hayes relayed the same question I did. The Alfa
GT Junior came with either a 1300 or 1600 motor. I'm not sure if they had a
a 1600 in 1970. The 1300 was much more common. The same body shell was built
as a 1750 GT Veloce and a 2000 GT Veloce. There were cosmetic differences,
and some hardware differences, brakes for example. The '75 2000 GTV would
have identical mechanicals to the '72 2000 GTV. In the US, there were some
differences in the bumpers and marker lights, but in Canada, it should be
pretty much the same car. The person who originally asked the question can
get copies of the mechanical specs from the Fusi volume. Proving there are
no cosmetic differences might be harder, as Alfa didn't put dates on their
sales material.

To clarify (NOT!), the GT Junior did not come with a 1750 option, BUT it
really was the same body shell being built as a 1750, and later as a 2000.
The Italians can really confuse things. ;=)