Re: Fuel Cell/Safety switch Help

To: MHKitchen@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fuel Cell/Safety switch Help
From: David Laver <dlaver@ms.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 18:03:38 +0000
> I believe the cut-off switch should be EXTERNAL, where the corner workers can
> get to it in an emergency.  Having said that, it should also be somewhat
> PROTECTED from bumps & bangs, and even a vulnerable position in the event of a
> rollover.  Often the cowling or C-pillars are likely locations.  It should
> also be CLEARLY MARKED so it is easily found.

If you have a solid state device you can have the cut buttons in many places,
all
clearly marked.  Mine are in each rear window just behind the door pillars and
on
the dash just above the gear lever.  Same for the fire extinguisher triggers.
My
motivation was to be able to put it all back to standard (change the rear
windows
back to glass from perspex) but I'm also pleased that its safer and more
convenient.

David Laver
Lancia Aurelia