Re: rear susp alignment

To: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Subject: Re: rear susp alignment
From: Mike Henry <mhenry@uswest.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 19:03:05 -0700
I just zoomed through a couple of Smith's books and didn't find a mention of
rear castor effects.
First I thought this would introduce some toe-in change as the wheel moved up
and down, now I'm not sure and realize the upper and lower radius tubes are
probably different lengths and may introduce a castor change themselves just to
make this more complicated.
Good question, have you measured bumpsteer to see if this occurs? and then with
castor changes?
I always aligned to zero castor, and 1/2 shafts at 90 degrees to the gearbox on
my Winklemann FF.
Mike Henry