Re: Tires: bias vs. radial

To: <Gregory_Schulz@mil-elect-tool.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tires: bias vs. radial
From: "Pete Towell" <rtowell@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 22:19:45 -0500
I just fitted my Mini with Hoosiers and I am extremely happy with them.
They are much more forgiving than radials.  Radials tend to hold to the
limit and then let go suddenly while bias tires break loose more gradually
and are much easier to drift.  My vote would be for Hosier bias-ply tires.
A good source of info is R&S Racing at http://www.rsracing.com  Good luck
and have fun!