Re: Sprite rear differential

To: schaiken@e-chemicals.com
Subject: Re: Sprite rear differential
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 16:01:00 -0500
I just remembered one time I ran Mosport with the 4.22 diff in the car - I
swapped the 948 engine back in 'cause VARAC wouldn't let me run the 1275
that I had been using when I was running with HSR, but I was too lazy to put
the 4.55 diff in.  I actually ran pretty good, but just used 2nd and 3rd
gear, except for a few seconds on the back straight.  Buzzed the hell out of
the motor runnin for the flag on the last lap - second gear out of corner 10
was fine, but it really wanted third by the exit of the corner, let alone
the flag stand!  A fast MGA that had had some trouble early in the race
caught me on the backstraight on the last lap, then was balked by a TC or
something coming onto the front straight, and we was three wide for the
flag!  I caught him, too!

That was the 1997 VARAC race where we had an all-MG grid, if anyone
remembers...one of my most fun races.

God, I want to be racin again!  8 more weeks...

Brian