Re: Sand cast Webers and allthese oil leakers at Mid-OH!

To: dlaver@ms.com
Subject: Re: Sand cast Webers and allthese oil leakers at Mid-OH!
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 13:45:01 -0800
But from the other point of view, the Italian engineers acheived the
correct balance. Their goal was to make sure the Italian buyers had to
purchase a new car every 3 years. If they hadn't added the British oil
leakage feature and tuned it correctly, the cars would have rusted out
even faster with all that Russian steel. The British, OTOH, never seemed
to get the idea that a balance was needed. The cars leaked so much oil
that the self-rusting feature was voided. This meant the British cars
lasted longer. As a result most of the British car makers went out of
business. ;=)

We could go on like this forever...