How others see us

To: <AnalogMike@aol.com>, <RobPecori@email.msn.com>, <racing@porschelist.org>,
Subject: How others see us
From: mdunst@smtplink.coh.org
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 99 15:49:39 -0800

     My wife used to own a 911s.  She raced it quite extensively around the
     east coast and had one hell of a good time with the POC's.  She did
     say that many (large generalization...) of the guys in the club seemed
     to use the car as  some sort of ego boost.  The best part she recalled
     was the oppurtunity to  drive a car that was fun, fast and "mostly"
     reliable  -just had to be a monkey or something to change plugs...

     The after race parties wern't too bad either..I understand.  She did
     say that "Porsche People" partied better than Triumph people....

     I race a Triumph -just the complete opposite of the Porsche.
     Mechanically, a long stroke big bore tractor with primitive drive line
     and suspension.

     Most TR guys and gals scrounge around for parts and left-over's and
     re-use old bolts and parts....(cheap).

     But you know what?  I just love my TR and race the heck out of it and
     pass Porsches around corners all the time.

     Mordy