Re: Mid-Ohio

To: JonLowe@aol.com
Subject: Re: Mid-Ohio
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 07:52:43 -0600 (CST)
On Wed, 10 Mar 1999 JonLowe@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/10/99 5:42:11 PM Central Standard Time,
> ckrug@laf.cioe.com writes:
>
> << It was my understanding that the spirit of Lucas frowned on everyone.  ;-)
>  I'm from Indiana, so I'll be OK, anyhow.  But I plan to be there.
>
>  Calvin
>   >>
> I'm not a British car guy, but don't feel alone with the "Spirit of Lucas".  I
> swear Lucas had two bastard children by the names of Bosch and Marelli.  One
> look in an early Bosch capacitive discharge ignition box, or at any early
> Italian car's electrical system will convince you that the 'engineers' had all
> interbred...
>
> Jon Lowe

        I hear that the first R&D guy Lucas had was a fellow named "Merlin"

        What do you think? Pure science? Naaaah!

        With Lucas electrodynamic principles are taken as suggestion...
        Constants aren't... And variables won't...

        It's gotta be MAGIC!

        Kill a chicken, or a virgin (much harder to find these days).

        You'l find problems sort of... go away

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois