Re: Vintage formula ford questions

To: Vaughn Rockney <vintagegarage@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Vintage formula ford questions
From: Mike Henry <mhenry@uswest.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 17:35:41 -0700
Stan,

I used N6YC for years and have also seen NGK used. Running B32 racing fuel I
thought about going to a colder plug, but with the right jetting and ignition
advance I would be careful about a hotter plug.

I think most vintage FF brake rotors are getting rare to impossible to find, and
you will want to find some "friendly" pads unless you have a stash of rotors. I
used the Hawk "black" pads (blue wore the rotors pretty bad) with really good
results compared to the old DS11, and had a lot more luck balancing and getting
consistent results compared to street pads.

Soap Box: Every track I go to has at least one serious braking zone and the car
with the best brake setup has an advantage. Vintage or not, racing is racing and
out here in RMVR if you want to finish at the top end of the FF field you do
your homework, try different setups, and try not to overlook easy stuff. I could
go on....and on....

I expected more comments from everyone about this kind of stuff. I'm relatively
new to this list, is this an old topic?

Mike Henry