Re: Coventry Climax engines

To: "aasignsltd" <aasignsltd@clear.net.nz>,
Subject: Re: Coventry Climax engines
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 00:00:55 -0500
Coventry Climax FWMA

I took a quick look  at the book "LOTUS - The Historic Years 1956 -58"  by
Graham Capel and found a reference to the FWMA as "the new Coventry Climax
FWMA which developed 73 bhp at 7200 rpm" in the coverage of the 1958 Le Mans
race . .    Near 100 bhp per liter 40 years ago from a "marine engine!"

Tony in Texas