Re: Lotus X

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lotus X
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 12:05:27 -0500
Jim McClure wrote:

>      I have a request from a friend in G.B., who had heard that a Lotus X
>      was possibly for sale through a "Lee Clark" of the "....Barbara
>      Museum", with a phone number of 252-8377.  Does anyone know who this
>      is, the full name of the establishment, or the complete or correct
>      phone number.

Though I'll be surprised if their Lotus X or any of their other Lotus race
cars are for sale, the information that you need is:

Lee Clark, assistant manager and race team manager
BARBER VINTAGE MOTORSPORTS MUSEUM
museum address:
 2721 5th Ave South
Birmingham, Alabama
mail address:
512 28th St South
Birmingham, Alabama 35233 USA
phone  205 252 8377
fax        205 252 8079

Although the car collection is impressive,  the main thrust of the museum is
the seven hundred (!) motorcycles on display.  All of them are restored and
99% ready to run with one hours notice.  This is the definative motorcycle
museum in the US . . . they are called upon to furnish bikes and riders at
the most prestigeous vintage races of the world.   They have been the source
of motorcycles for display at various major museums including the Guggenheim
in New York.  I visited the Barber Museum last spring . . .knocked ME out!

Tony Clark - Sherman, TEXAS
Eleven S1 -  Elite S1 -  Elan S1 -  23B -  51A
lotus.tony@airmail.net