Re: Lotus X

To: jim_mcclure@brooks.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lotus X
From: DWhitesdJr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 12:42:34 EDT
In a message dated 8/31/99 10:07:35 AM Central Daylight Time,
jim_mcclure@brooks.com writes:

<< I have a request from a friend in G.B., who had heard that a Lotus X
      was possibly for sale through a "Lee Clark" of the "....Barbara
      Museum", with a phone number of 252-8377.  Does anyone know who this
      is, the full name of the establishment, or the complete or correct
      phone number?? >>

This is a good time to let the vintage race listers know about the Barber
Vintage Motorsports Museum in Birmingham, Alabama.  It has one of the largest
collections of vintage motorcycles in the world.  All the motorcycles operate
and the Museum has raced them throughout the world.  Over the past 3 years
the museum has branched out and is acquiring cars and added a number of
significant Lotuses including Fred Burke's IX, Bill Warner's Eleven, my 30,
and the Jim Hall 21.  They also have the last F-1 Lotus built and the
Gurney/Clark 29 Indy car prototype, which I think is their most significant
car.

The Barber Museum is currently building a world class road racing track
outside Birmingham and plans to be hosting vintage events in the next couple
of years.  Their website address is "www.barbermuseum.org."  Lee Clark (205)
252-8377 is the buyer for the museum.  He is LOOKING for a Lotus X (and any
other interesting and rare Lotus).

David Whiteside