Thom's mystery car

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Thom's mystery car
From: "Mark Palmer" <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 02:18:30 GMT
I am fairly certain that this is a body produced by W.J. Paton of Latimer,
England, in the 1950's.  A friend has an MG-powered special with this type
body, and it looks virtually spot-on.  The bodies were alloy, supported by a
tubular body frame.  My friend's car has this body mounted on a steel frame
credited to Harry Lester, with T-series running gear, but I have no guess as
to the frame or running gear of Thom's mystery car.  However I'm pretty sure
about the body -- particularly if you can verify that it was aluminum
panelled.

If you want more info, I can put you in touch with the Lester-MG owner.

Regards,
Mark Palmer