Re: Triumphs and roll overs

To: Gt6steve@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net (Vintage list)
Subject: Re: Triumphs and roll overs
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 20:00:10 EDT
In a message dated 08/02/2000 7:13:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Gt6steve
writes:

<<   >>
 Jack, while I'm confident you're correct in this case, please don't discount
the very real potential for failure here.  It's happened on my GT6 and I
don't want to see it again.  Ironically, I think the GT6 probably works this
piece harder than any of it's derivations!  I can't think of any application
I've seen carrying the weight and slip angles of the parent.
 Bye, Steve >>

Steve,

I see your point. The GT6 with its front weight bias (6 cyl. iron motor) and
all steel 1800# body certainly put more stress on the trunnion than a Lotus
Elan at 1350#.

It is a point of suspicion for sure. Have you come up with a better
replacement? If this is chronic, it needs to be addressed.

Jack Woehrle
SVRA Technical Director