TR-4A: Wheel extenders, magnafluxing

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-4A: Wheel extenders, magnafluxing
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 23:57:55 -0700
     I have two questions regarding setting up the suspension of my TR-4A,
which I'm trying to get ready for use at driving school and track days.

1. The front wheels are mounted on 1/8 " extenders in order for the
minilite replica wheels to clear the brake calipers.  (I'm running them
with P185 SR 65 tires).  Also, I've traced a growling noise when I change
lanes to the rear tires rubbing against the leaf springs.  Extenders would
be the quick fix for this problem.  Are 1/8 " wheel extenders a safety
issue, since they obviously increase the stress on the suspension components.

2. When I have the front end rebuilt, I'd like to have the vertical links,
the stub axles and the hubs magnafluxed.  What kind of shop does this work?

     Thanks.
  John Cowan

     Forward this review to a friend.  To subscribe, send email to:
jfcowan@pacbell.net.  Check out previous reviews at:
http://home.pacbell.net/jfcowan