Re: CHR @ Gingerman

To: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: CHR @ Gingerman
From: Larry Dent <lwdent@fwi.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 08:30:57 -0500
I was there as the track announcer and am sorry to say that only about
30 some cars were there on Friday.

Several of these pulled out Friday night as they were just doing a final
test/adjust before heading for Monterey.

Racing was wonderful on Sat and Sun as there were enough cars for 3
groups and each group got many practice sessions and races.

Weather was wonderful all three days, with rain like cats and dogs
Saturday night, but Sunday cleared off and was great.

Some really exotic cars showed up, but Joe took a bath because of low
entry.  Meadowbrook was the same weekend with a vintage race at
Waterford so that sucked off a lot of potental there.

I think Joe will do it again next year in the hope of building the
event, but no decision has been made to my knowledge.

The track is a wonderful venue for vintage as it has more spin off area
than anything in this part of the country.

Larry Dent