Re: Safety

To: Don Marshall <marshall@nefcom.net>
Subject: Re: Safety
From: "John A. Rollins" <nobozos@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 18:08:30 -0800
Don:

My advice is to check with the organizations with which you intend on
running.  If they don't have a problem with the cage (basically a
semi-tube-frame now) then you're OK.  I would have to ask you to cut or
remove the forward sections for Florida Region SCCA Vintage though...  As
to the brake question, same applies.

The question of safety is always an issue but, as you have seen, is far
too often used as a disguise for performance improvements.  Unlike some
others here in Palm Beach County, I will not try to discern the
individual's intent but will, rather, enforce the rules that apply.
Safety often lies in the hands of the driver.

Good luck with your program - hope to see you on the grid at some point!

*8o)

John A. Rollins, Vintage Race Coordinator
Florida Region, SCCA