Re: IN RE: Mechanical Failures

To: WSpohn4@aol.com
Subject: Re: IN RE: Mechanical Failures
From: "John A. Rollins" <nobozos@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 18:22:17 -0800
OK, since I'm already out on this limb...  One of the overriding conditions we
use in the
Florida Region SCCA Vintage Program is one of historical correctness.  By this
I mean that if
proof (now THERE'S another hot topic...) can be provided that the car in
question ran in a
particular configuration during the eligibility period (pre '73) then it can
run in that
configuration in the Vintage group.  Proof may include log books, photographs,
programs, etc.
Most "specials" will be researched as best we can prior to permission being
granted.  But, this
only applies to the exact car (definition anyone?) that ran in that
configuration.

Now I'll don my nomex and go back to my chad...

*8o)
John A. Rollins, Vintage Race Coordinator
Florida Region, SCCA