Re: Police Driving - was Re: Successful pass

To: Vintage list <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Police Driving - was Re: Successful pass
From: Walt@chekov.mayfield.hp.com (Walt Boeninger)
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 16:51:44 PST
[from Derek Harling]
>Carl
>Thx for your long and detailed reply - hopefully others will find it worth
>reading and reflecting upon.
>Just one point - I am still hoping to see my first MI or ON police driver
>wearing a seat belt.
>Derek

The California VC allows police departments to decide whether
to comply with seatbelt laws, they are exempt from the same
law *we* must obey......  27315.5 of the CVC

I always found that interesting that they would do that, as I
can't see why *not* wearing a belt would be of any advantage.
Even if they need to get out of the car quickly, the belt can
be released in virtually no time before coming to a stop...

I think most citizens are not aware of this, and thus to them
the police are setting a bad example...whihc they *are*.

-------
Regards

Walt Boeninger - Nor Cal SAAC         67 GT500     | 67 Shelby T-A #31
http://www.norcal-saac.org            71 Boss 351  | 97 5.0 Explorer
mailto:walt_boeninger@hp.com          99 C5 Hdtp   | 86 Mustang GT