Recent Gordini/Dauphine banter

To: "Vintage Race Digest" <vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Recent Gordini/Dauphine banter
From: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 21:33:20 -0500
This reminded me of a trip I made to Atlanta about 10 years ago.

Northwest of the city is a guy who has been collecting cars from all over
the south for years.  Just parks them out in his front-less chicken coop or
in the woods.

I went there with an Atlanta car buddy who has been around and racing since
I was a kid.  We went to look at an Alfa I had spoken to this collector
about.  We counted somewhere around 123 cars in total.  Among them was this
open-wheel Formula Jr.-sized derelict that none of us could identify.  As I
remember, it had a Gordini engine.

Any idea what it might be?  For all I know it is still there.

I often see this collector advertising one or more of his "retirement plan"
cars in Hemmings.  Usually asking really high prices.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB
'61 Alfa Sprint Veloce from Southport, CT, not Atlanta.