Re: Wheels and Spacers

To: milano164@mediaone.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheels and Spacers
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 08:23:03 EST
In a message dated 12/22/00 2:23:38 PM Pacific Standard Time,
milano164@mediaone.net writes:

<< I won't be racing on these wheels but regardless they do require large
 spacers  5/8"-3/4".  I have only seen spacers in the 1/4"-3/8" thickness (if
 my memory is correct).   If I get these wheels does anybody know if somebody
 out there manufactures wheel spacers that thick?  (4x4.25" bolt pat.)

Most any machine shop can make these for you. I really don't see anything
wrong with stacking thinner ones as long as you have good wheel studs and
keep them tight.

The biggest problem with spacers is getting them centered properly. If you
have them custom made so that they fit tightly over the studs and hub flange,
you should have no problem. The auto store "universal" ones are harder to fit
properly, and these are usually the ones that people have problems with.

And, I do hope you'll bring the Sunbeam out and really race it when it is
finished.

Jack Woehrle