Re: Ford 1500

To: grant62@starpower.net
Subject: Re: Ford 1500
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 09:54:59 EST
In a message dated 12/30/00 4:12:56 PM Pacific Standard Time,
grant62@starpower.net writes:

 Lotus Super's with 1340cc dual Weber
 > & 1498cc single Weber to run in Group 3 this year. The dual Weber 1498cc
will
 > still be Group 8.
 >
 > Jack Woehrle
 > SVRA Technical Director

 In case anyone gets the idea that a single Weber DCOE will be
 worthwhile, I crewed on a Super  with a 1500/1-40 in 66 and 67. The
 intake manifold is the worst the mind of man ever devised. It just
 wouldn't produce any power.  Dual Webers on the 1500 didn't become SCCA
 legal for another generation - into the 80's, I believe. The 1340 was a
 hand grenade, because it had only 3 main bearings(1 liter block, I
 believe).
 Grant Reynolds >>

Life gets tough if you want to play with the little dogs.

jw