TD Project -- Worth your phone call ? (fwd)

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: TD Project -- Worth your phone call ? (fwd)
From: rickes gregory <gr743@csc.albany.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 15:02:50 -0500 (EST)
Our local want ad digest has run a listing for several weeks that I
finally
  called about. It doesn't sound like its anything I can handle, but
perhaps
  there's someone out there more adveturous than I.

  The ad reads " 1952 MG TD, restorable hot rod, former race car". My
  phone inquiry elicited the following: it is indeed a '52 TD that was
raced in
  SCCA from the 50s into the very early 60s. It has been in storage for
  20-plus years. Somewhere along the way it acquired a Volvo 544
drivetrain
  (engine, trans, and rear end). The Swedish 4 cylinder engine and trans
are
  currently out of the car, but could be part of the package. Some
restoration
  work has been started, but the owner says basically he's lost the time
and
  enthusiasm to keep going. He says the car has a vestigal half-width
rollbar
  that was the fashion of the day, but he wouldn't trust it for anything
execpt
  decoration.

  The asking price is $3500. The car is located in Garrison NY, which is
the
  mid-Hudson Valley. The phone # is 845 424 3656.

  I don't have any financial interest in this; in fact I don't even know
the owners
  name, but I am something of an automotive yenta, always ready to play
  matchmaker for interesting cars and interested potential owners.

  Good Hunting !

  Greg Rickes