More Tires

To: Vintage Race list <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: More Tires
From: Gene Carter <gcarter116@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 18:29:14 -0800
Here is Hoosier's website:
http://www.hoosiertire.com/specrr.htm

In addition to the DOT tires in the previous email, CVAR allows
virtually any vintage, treaded tire (minimum 60 series or equivalent).
This would include Avon, Dunlop, Englebert, Goodyear (Bluestreak),
Hoosier (Vintage TD and Street
TD) and Michelin.

CVAR does not allow these tires: BFG g-Force R1, BFG Comp T/A drag
radial, Goodyear GS-CS, Hoosier DOT racing radial R3S03 and Hoosier DOT
bias ply Dirt Stocker.

Here are some websites for dealers who sell vintage tires.
http://www.rogerkrausracing.com/
http://www.sascosports.com/products/products.htm
http://www.bobwoodmantires.com/

Also, I'm interested in hearing from vintage racers using DOT street
radials.  Please send me a note listing which tires you've tried along
with your evaluation of them.

Gene