Re: Unsprung Trailers?

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>, <John.Desantis@inficon.com>,
Subject: Re: Unsprung Trailers?
From: "Roger Sieling" <Rogsie@telesistech.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 16:01:43 -0500
John,

My Lotus Eleven came with a little single axle unsprung trailer. Like one
other's comments, with a car on it, it was fine. Without, it bounced all over,
but didn't cause a problem w/ the Aerostar we had then. It did eat bulbs in
the tail and running lamps. Being single axle, we just tilted the whole
trailer to load.

Then I loaned it to a friend who towed his FP Sprite for a couple years on it,
before buying a big rolling box last year. I've kept it, after I bought an
enclosed trailer, because it has little $ value and we have also used it to
haul landscape stone and other building materials.

Roger

>>> <John.Desantis@inficon.com> 02/16/01 12:54PM >>>

     I had a trailer for years that was just like you described.  With a
car on it, it behaved
just fine but when I towed it empty it was a bitch.  - It bounced my truck
all over the road.